For the Whole Family
Wednesday nights from 6 – 7:45 p.m.
Wednesday nights are special at North Park. They are a time for the whole family to gather at church and get a mid-week spiritual uplift. Here’s what goes on:
We offer a low-cost supper at 6:00 p.m. to make it easier for families to attend. Dinner is served for about 35 minutes so you can be a little late arriving. By low-cost we mean no family pays more than $11.00 for dinner. The meals include a main dish and sides, a salad, dessert, and beverages. The meal is served on the lower floor in the Fellowship Hall. Reservations are required by noon on the Monday of each week.
At 6:45 p.m. our spiritual growth ministries for all ages begin. They end at 7:45 p.m. Here is the line-up:
- Nursery (for those 2 and under)
- Elevate Preschool (for children 3 years old through kindergarten)
- Elevate Children (for children 1st-5th grade)
- NuPerspective (for 6th-12th graders)
- Bible Study and Prayer (for adults)
Adult Bible Study and Prayer
Many of our adults consider Wednesday night the highlight of their week at church. Supper provides a great time for fellowship, and then Bible study feeds them spiritually.
Pastor Mark usually lets us start by sharing some of the ways God has blessed us during the week. Then we pray together and launch into our study for the evening. Pastor Mark is a gifted Bible study teacher and challenges us to really think about what we are studying in the Bible. Our topics include:
- Entire Bible books (we’ve recently studied the book of Revelation, the book of Ruth, and the book of Proverbs),
- Bible topics (we’ve studied worship, praying together, and getting to know the One True God)
- Spiritual growth topics (such as how to study the Bible, developing Christian maturity, and developing a Christian worldview).
We conclude with a time for prayer. One thing we can promise is that Wednesday night adult Bible study won’t be boring.